Friday, December 4, 2015

Advent


I am turning the pages of this one again this year. 

Just me. 

It has become one of my favorite traditions. 

I re-light those advent candles after the kids are in bed and the house is quiet. Sometimes, in this young-mom world, holidays become so much about teaching and giving and cooking and wrapping. And if I'm honest, I love it. It fits my organize-and-plan-it personality. Maybe that's why celebrating advent alone as well as with the family traditions has become so sweet in these years. 

It's helping me to remember that the quiet wonder and the deep rejoicing are for me too. My Father sees this busy baby-feeding, water-fetching life I'm in right now....and He still cares about having my heart. Even after all this time together.

It is a season to let the waiting awaken my remembering. 


"So go to the window. Go to the hills, the desert, the corner, the back door, and be ravished and taken and awed, and you who were made by Love, made for love- be still and know and watch love come down. 

The answer to deep anxiety is the deep adoration of God. 

And the greater gift we can give our great God is to let His love make us glad." 

Ann Voskamp - The Greatest Gift

No comments: