Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Field Trip



I thought it would be a good idea to invite Jude's kindergarten class to take a field trip to my house today.  Nevermind the craziness in our life right now, Christmas only comes once a year.  I admit that I wore a Santa hat the whole time. I felt like it really pushed me into my 35 year old, mom of three role. I should have brought a tacky Christmas sweater over with me. (Except it's 90 degrees here this winter.) We read the Christmas story and lit the advent candles and played with the nativity. We checked the stockings and found some early goodies, drank hot cocoa and ate popcorn. Jude showed them his little Charlie Brown tree in his room ever so proudly.  




Maybe gingerbread houses are a little labor intensive for a group of 5 year olds. But we did it anyways. And it was fun. It was really fun. 

It was a really good day.

And, friends, I'm tired.

No comments: