Thursday, December 3, 2015

Musician's Day



A couple of weekends ago the boys had a spectacular school function.  I've been intending to share a few videos from the event. 

We had some kafufels with the tailor regarding their "suits," it was cancelled once because of the unexpected two week holiday, they were spending a lot of school time practicing, etc, etc. Let's just say, by the time the day rolled around, I was ready for a show.  

And, boy, did they give me one!

 We love their school. They put this little production on with all the enthusiasm they could muster.  Which, in this culture, is quite a bit! I never cease to get a bit teary eyed when I sit there, surrounded by parents and friends, watching my boys feel so a part of this foreign land. And at the same moment, so affirmed in the uniqueness of who they were created to be. Jude even performed his very first piano solo.  If you will recall our first traumatic experiences with Jude & stage performances, you'll understand why our parental hearts were almost bursting. There were no tears this time (except when a classmate jumped on Silas's fingers backstage:), just excitement and gusto.  


And in case you're wondering…the teachers did the hair spiking:) 

Jude shaking that bell with vigor:

video

My personal favorite: 

video

The piano solo: 

video

1 comment:

Kelly Brasher said...

Oh. My. Goodness. That was precious! I can't wait to show this to my little kiddos! They will be so proud of their musical cousins! And in case you aren't aware of it, that kind of piano skill in a 5 year old is a pretty big deal! You definitely need to encourage that! Maybe one day he can be the one playing Broadway tunes for his Dad, and Silas and Asher can help out with vocals! So proud of all of those sweet Dawkins boys! Love you!