Wednesday, January 20, 2016

What's Cooking

Hubs is sending me pictures like this.  He really is working hard.  He just happens to have some pretty scenery.



He boards a plane tomorrow.  And distance sure has made this heart fonder.  Eight days is long time in mom-life.  This little album is helping keep me sane and fixed on bigger truths than my need for 5 extra hands at the dinner table.


 And so through all the length of days, thy goodness faileth never. Good Shepherd may I sing your praise, within your house forever, within your house forever. 

If you have Prime music, take a listen for free.  I think you'll love it. 



And as long as we are talking about the dinner table, let me tell you about my latest recipe love.  It's Tom's Blackened Seasoning on all recipes.  Slap it on some chicken and add it to a pan of 2 T hot olive oil.  Cook it for 5 minutes on med-low without moving it.  Flip it over and cook another 5 minutes without moving it.  Then cook a little longer to make sure it's done on the inside, and it might just be one of my easiest and tastiest chicken recipes.  Today I tossed the leftovers onto a wheat berry salad.  Friends, it was good. 


Toms's Seasoning Ingredients

1 tablespoon paprika
4 teaspoons dried thyme
2 teaspoons onion powder
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 tablespoon white sugar
2 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper (I opt out of this)
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (None for me, we have enough spice in these parts)
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
3/4 teaspoon ground cumin


I love a twenty minute dinner that looks like this! Happy Wednesday to you.


1 comment:

Tammy said...

Laura, I love that group, I Am They! I got to see them in concert, and someone else there was Jon Guerra. If you've never heard his stuff, look it up. I think you'd really like it, his music is soothing and worshipful, and filled with great truth. My favorites of his are: Every Little Song, Stained Glass, Ever Chasing God (very,very favorite), Wherever You Are, and Nothing Better. Here's a link to his website: http://www.jonguerramusic.com/

Love reading about your adventures, and praying for you. Your honesty and vulnerability is refreshing, my friend. <3

Tammy