Tuesday, February 9, 2016

The Crash

A few weeks shy of his first birthday, Asher has eight teeth and weighs 23 lbs. He also has a habit of trying to crawl while nursing.

It's time for him to move forward in life.  Weaning underway.

He isn't taking it so well.  Currently, he's biting my face and arms a lot to let me know that he would prefer to eat me more than a bottle and the carrots on his tray. We're pressing onward.

As for me, by baby #3 I anticipated the reaction.  That actually does make it easier, but still not that fun.  When I stop nursing, my hormones fall into a sort of insane plummet.  And so do my emotions.  It's like happy crashes and I wake up for a few weeks wondering why on earth everything is so terribly sad. (Or worse, annoying.)

Silas, at three, is currently working a lot on self-control. (It usually involves some sort of Lightening McQueen denial.) I am joining him this week. Feelings are overrated in times like this.  Fixed truths are our friends. We're plodding on.  Hopefully, another week or two and some of the crazy will pass.

In the mean time, this little guy is growing up fast.   For the most part, he's the strong and silent type.  But when he does have something to say, he says it with gusto.

video

2 comments:

Henry and Lisa said...

Oh he's growing up to be a big boy! Aunt Lisa misses him and you!

Henry and Lisa said...

Oh he's growing up to be a big boy! Aunt Lisa misses him and you!