Thursday, March 10, 2016

Frenzy Thursday


It's Thursday. And it feels like this might just be the longest week. Things have gotten really hectic around here for all sorts of good reasons. 

Good or not, it's still hard for me to keep up. I have to admit that on weeks like this, I have trouble maintaining a calm and gentle spirit. There is a little line in one of Elisabeth Elliot's books where she writes that we ought not to take on more than we can do without rush and frenzy. (Or something to that effect, put in better words.) Well, I seem to be treading on frenzy lately. 

It does not help that Silas is celebrating four tomorrow with a crowd of lively schoolmates in our little apartment. He's been waiting for a full year for a Monster Truck themed party. And the closer it gets, the louder his sweet excitement gets. I had to ask him to stop shouting at least 3 times at dinner. It's like he thinks we are at the Monster Truck Jam now that the decorations are up. 



I also ruined the first cake attempt. It was more disastrous even than the above picture. Finally, having originally begun around 10:30am, the final cake was decorated and plastic wrapped by 8:30pm. Can someone email me for the next birthday and remind me to just go buy a cake? I think that's what Mrs. Elliot would've told me to do today. 


But, alas it is finished. And when that troupe of 3 & 4 year olds rush upon me tomorrow, I feel sure the word frenzy will take on a new meaning. 

No comments: