Thursday, April 28, 2016

VBS



It's VBS week over here.  And, whew.  Whew. 

Last year, we started attending an English speaking local fellowship. Compared to the first 3 years of an intense kids-room every Sunday and a lot of language I just did not understand, we are much more in our element now.  It's been a good shift for the boys.  (And for us.  It's still shocking to me when I walk out of a sermon having actually learned something.  Second language preaching is just hard to digest.) They have their own class on Sundays now and love it.

VBS is enough to throw me back into some serious culture shock though. My most memorable moment of the week was when I realized that the children's lesson was on none other than David and Bathsheba.  It was a rather unedited version. I actually don't think that the guy teaching has young children. Thankfully no one has yet inquired about Uriah or the pregnant Bathsheba.

We meet every morning from 7:30 to 9:30 am.  Yep.  Seven-thirty a.m.  I am still bleary eyed when they start up the rockin' music as we walk in the door.

How do morning you people even function?

Most of the leaders are young professionals, and they start work around 10 a.m.  They have been so sacrificial in serving this week.  The boys are enjoying it. I am grateful.

But I won't pretend I'm not looking forward to a week of lazy summer mornings when this is over though!

No comments: