Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Sister

It's my little sister's birthday.  I wish I could give her a big hug and sit in her kitchen watching the kids go crazy together. 



Circa. 1987
L to R: Laura, Mamaw, Lindsey & Crystal (cousin)

I've been pretty homesick lately. And a lot of it centers around Lindsey. There's just something about a sister. When we are old and our hair is white, if God allows, we'll still get tickled by the same ridiculous things.  We'll still tell the same stories from our childhood.  Remember the same family vacations and camping trips on the Tennessee River.  Look back in wonder at the week we both checked into the hospital and had baby #3 right there in our hometown. And one day, I hope we'll think back on this season of life apart and remember how distance really did make the heart grow fonder.  How we came to appreciate the sisterhood in an entirely new way.  


Through all this distance, my sister has been a most faithful friend.  Here's 31 more years of sister love! 

Happy Birthday, Sis! 

No comments: