Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Tuesday Tidbits

I thought it was time for a few tidbits from our life. I wish you could see us in action over here.  Not our smoothest season…but definitely full of spice!




1. Euro 2016 inspired some serious soccer playing in our world.


I had to make them take their shin guards off to sleep last night. I think we're heading to the right country.

2. We have been on generator power for 27+ hours now.  This means no oven, fridge, washing machine, hot water, toaster, hair dryer, air conditioner.  And it is raining.  So we feel kind of soggy.  Our stove top is gas, so we can cook.  The generator allows enough power for one light and one fan, per room.  This is great.  I am trying to practice gratitude. Lots of people live with this kind of power all the time.

What is causing me the most stress though is that if you forget and turn on more lights or fans or accidentally try to put a piece of toast in…the whole system blows and you have to reset.  You get 3 "resets" before they cut your generator power totally.  We're on number two.  Yikes. So I am diving onto light switches that little fingers flip and patrolling fan speeds compulsively.

3. I got to see an old college friend last week. It was seriously refreshing.  We realized that we've known each other for 18 years now.  Long friendships are such a gift.



4. We're having a renaissance of Manner's Monday in our house.



As you can see, we have some work to do.

Happy Tuesday to you!



No comments: