Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Asher at 17 months








I thought I would give a little Asher-update, lest I forget all sorts of details in the flurry of this changing season.

He isn't talking much.  Occasionally, he says "dada-dadadada" when he's particularly in need of something.  His favorite (and only consistent) word is "cheese." He has a pretty intense obsession with taking cell phone selfies. He loves to wave good-bye.  He pretty much stops cars in the neighborhood with his enthusiastic waving when they pass by.

He is absolutely obsessed with water.  He frequently floods the porch, climbs up chairs to get to the faucets, and throws his entire body into any puddle he finds outdoors.

He's a pretty finicky eater and loves his milk bottle most of all.  His main snacks are apples, pomegranate seeds, peanuts and cheese.

For the sake of posterity, I'm just going to tell you the truth.  He's an absolute rascal most of the time.  He is into everything. He is frequently banned from his brothers' room, where he gets into all kinds of lego mischief.  While I can't be entirely sure, he does often commit what appear to be pre-meditated acts of destruction in a well-timed order to completely disrupt any chores, meals, or emails I might be planning to attend.

But if I give him my undivided attention, usually involving shape sorters and soft balls, he is the sweetest baby alive. He gives me all sorts of kisses, cuddles and has a fantastic laugh. He's worth every bit of the trouble.

We love him so!


No comments: