Thursday, September 22, 2016

The Hunt



We are at the end of day one in the grand apartment hunt. We were gone from our little rental "hut" (let's talk more about that later) for 12 hours. I did indeed cry in a Spanish metro station tonight. So did all of my children. Thankfully, hubs held it together. Here's some selfie silliness during the long journey back.


And all in all, it was a great day of significant progress in narrowing down our area. A friend's sister showed me around town, and lavished our family with kindness, food, a bed to nap in, Internet to use, and toys to entertain. It will be in my memory for a long time as one of the most generous and timely acts of servanthood to us. I can't even begin to say how helpful this practical stranger, yet "sister," was today. 



Guess who showed up in Spain with hands willing to help too?!? NanNan, who just finished a garden tour of France, hopped a plane and met us for the craziness of today. I really don't know what we would have done without her! 




1 comment:

staceyb said...

Larsa- tears of gratefulness for the way God provided through a sister and your precious momma!
StaceyB J