Thursday, February 9, 2017

Snow Day

This weekend we decided to make a trek into the Pyrenees before Spring melts the slopes.  My friend told me earlier this week that they took their 1-year-old and three-year-old with them, and they napped on a sled while the older child went skiing.  She sent me a picture of this miracle to prove it.

I thought that sounded very nice. I had a glimmer of hope.

Our day was not so picturesque, though. Truthfully, I was prepared for this and lugged that babe up the mountain nonetheless, boots, waterproof pants, gloves and all anyways.


Asher threw a fit when we put his snow boots on him. He faked a little smile for a couple of minutes while we convinced him we were going to have so much fun. We did find a pretty sweet igloo.  That brought us about 5 minutes of genuine fun.  But his mittens got a little wet in the process.

Prepare for meltdown.

After 20 minutes, he started screaming at the top of his lungs and didn't stop until I lugged him back up the mountain, stripped his gear off and put him in the cozy car.  We sat in the car, his hysterics turning to whimpers, and waited while the older boys went sledding.  He fussed a lot of the way home, letting us all know he it wasn't his style to play in snow and then fell asleep 10 minutes before we go to our flat.  Yep.

Pipe in here, friends.  Nurture or nature?

All in all though, it was completely worth it to see those beautiful mountains covered in snow. In future,  Asher and I may stay home for a year or two more since we've not proven to be of the sturdiest character in snow, but the older boys loved it!



1 comment:

Salter327 said...

I just love you! And I love posts like this 🙂