Friday, March 24, 2017

Better


Can you tell that hubs is away? These boys are keeping me busy! We are lovin' Spring!

Hubs is actually in London, and was downtown during the attack.  Thankfully, not nearby. This is one of those week when I have been particularly reminded that life can change dramatically in just a fraction of a second. Yet, even in that uncertainty, God numbers our days aright. We are kept.  Even in a crazy world.

One of the ways I've been digging into "recovery" from the upheaval of our past year, has been to pick up a more intensive Bible study than I've done in a while.  A friend and I have been going through Jen Wilkin's study of Hebrews, which is entitled Better.  The workbook is available for free and you can pull her old podcasts and listen along to the audio.

To write that it has been good for my soul would be an understatement. It has been restorative.

How, you might ask, have you been managing this with language classes, that crazy driving course, and all these boys to feed and chase? The answer is, honestly, I didn't think I would make it through this year with diving in deeper to the Word.  Spiritual anemia is a real thing.

Practically, I've given my compulsive personality a little break on this one.  Don't tell Jen, but I didn't even print the workbook. I answer the questions in a small notebook.  I don't do the word underlining because it stresses me out.  Most of the time, I do the whole chunk of the week on one or two days during the weekend, when our schedule isn't as tight.  It's not ideal, but it worked for me this semester.  And I'm so glad that I just did it.

These promises we have, sister, are rich and full.  Live in them.



"If they had been thinking of that land from which they had gone out, they would have had opportunity to return.  But as it is, they desire a better country, that is, a heavenly one. " 
Hebrews 11: 15 (ESV)

1 comment:

Alison said...

Love this, Laura!! I just downloaded the PDF and listened to the introduction. You're always giving such timely resources!