Friday, April 28, 2017

Croatia


A few months ago I got an email inviting me to attend a little retreat in Croatia.  I had to look the country up on a map.  When I flew into the city of Dubrovnik, I had no idea what I was entering.  I started out my year thirty-seven with an almost indescribable view, quiet times on a rocky sea shore every morning, some truly refreshing fellowship and singing, and a lot of digging in deeper to God's way forward for me in this season. 

One afternoon, I walked the fortress wall that encircles the old town.  It basically held back the Ottoman Empire.  What a gem.  One of the most fascinating walks I've ever taken.  As you can tell, I couldn't get enough pictures of this place. 

















This week will go down in my book as one of the tenderest gifts from Jesus - the Lover of my soul.  Who, even after all these years together, continues to draw me to Himself with cords of kindness.  

1 comment:

Bonnie Myers said...

What a sweet gift from God. And... you look beautiful.