Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Tuesday Tid-bits

1. Let's start with the caramel cake.  I've made it on three continents now. And it's a sure win everywhere. 


2. Tid-bit number two is that we are keeping someone's seven-year-old for a couple nights this week.  Of course, it's a boy.  I am surrounded.  Completely outnumbered.  It's my fate in life.



3. We visited the Natural Science museum this week (because they have a/c:) and the boys were enthralled.  Favorite moment was when they looked at the animals of the Amazon and hubs started telling him stories from his years in Peru.  They were enthralled.


4. While we were debating on whether or not it would be a good use of money to put in an air conditioner to help us survive the summer, our landlord offered to buy one and have it installed to upgrade the apartment.  Who does that?!


When I see her next, I will kiss her (because actually, I kiss a lot of people here...on the cheek:) and tell her she has contributed to my survival in the Spanish climate.  It's only in the living room so we're still sleeping in hot rooms. You don't want to be in my path when I wake up.  But it makes all the difference in the world to be able to come in from outside and get a cool breeze going. Thankful!

Happy Tuesday to you!

No comments: